- Adoption Network Cleveland
- American Adoption Congress
- Post Adoption Center for Education & Research (PACER)
- Concerned United Birthparents (CUB)
- Evan B. Donaldson Adoption Institute
- International Soundex Reunion Registry
- Journey of the Adopted: A Quest for Wholeness Self by BJ Lifton
- Lost and Found: The Adoption Experience by BJ Lifton
- The Primal Wound: Understanding the Adopted Child by Nancy Verrier
- Coming Home to Self: The Adopted Child Grows Up by Nancy Verrier
- Being Adopted: The Lifelong Search for Self by David Brondzinsky
- Birthright: The Guide to Search and Reunion for Adoptees, Birthparents and Adoptive Parents by Jean A. S. Strauss
- The Adoption Reunion Survival Guide: Preparing Yourself for the Search, Reunion and Beyond by Julie Jarrell Bailey and Lynn N. Giddens
The American Adoption Congress (AAC) has produced these videos to help educate us about the experience of adoption from many vantage points. Thanks to Carolyn Hoard and Wendy Rowney for bringing them to my attention, and to the AAC for producing them.
- Adoption Reunion: Explores the positive aspects of reunion
- Adoption & Family: An adoptive mother’s perspective on her adopted child’s reunion with her birthfamily
- Adoption & Truth: The adoptees’ need to know where they come from.
- Birth Mothers Never Forget: The birthmother’s experience in a closed adoption.